No Child Left Behind: The Football Version
This was blatantly lifted from U Caught Me Thinking:
No Child Left Behind: The Football VersionThis reminds me of what George Thole (legendary football coach at Stillwater (Minn.) High School) said. His response to all the different divisions for high school sports playoffs was: "Give every school a trophy at the beginning of the season, and if they don't think they deserve it by the end of the season, send it back to the state high school league."
1. All teams must make the state playoffs, and all will win the championship. If a team does not win the championship, they will be on probation until they are the champions, and coaches will be held accountable.
2. All kids will be expected to have the same football skills at the same time and in the same conditions. No exceptions will be made for interest in football, a desire to perform athletically, or genetic abilities or disabilities. ALL KIDS WILL PLAY FOOTBALL AT A PROFICIENT LEVEL.
3. Talented players will be asked to workout on their own without instruction. This is because the coaches will be using all their instructional time with the athletes who aren't interested in football, have limited athletic ability or whose parents don't like football.
4. Games will be played year round, but statistics will only be kept in the 4th, 8th and 11th games.
5. This will create a New Age of sports where every school is expectedto have the same level of talent and all teams will reach the same minimal goals. If no child gets ahead, then no child will be left behind.............