Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Crashing School Websites?

As you know, I am still looking for a teaching job. Since I didn't even get a call to sub today (it's getting to the end of the quarter), I figured I would finish up our taxes (we have to pay in big time) and look through all the school district job posting websites.

The weird thing is, half of them aren't responding! Normally, one or two are down. But I'm talking about 10-15 different school district websites. It could be because we got the first big rainstorm of the year today, and maybe there's some underground wetness or something.

I do know that TIES has to do with a lot of educational technology, and their website is down. I wonder if TIES goes down, all these other websites go down too. I remember a few years ago that TIES had a problem with their direct deposit program (?) and entire districts' payrolls weren't deposited on time, leading to hundreds of bounced checks and missed bill payments.

2 Comments:

Anonymous rapp0026 said...

A transformer theat conects to the TIES office was hit by lightning. Any district that uses TIES as a server was down today.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Rico said...

Ooh! My critical thinking skills were on the job!

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home