Friday, June 11, 2004

School's Out!

Now that it's summertime, I can put this awful year behind me. I could also dwell on the negatives, but I will focus on the positives instead:

1. Since I have completed three consecutive years in the same district, I am done with my probationary period and, according to the Education Minnesota website, I would only have to be renewed after one year in another district (beside Minneapolis, St. Paul, and Duluth!?) to get tenured. That was the main reason behind accepting a job I knew I would not like.

2. I will never "teach" special education again. From now on, it's social studies or the highway, baby.

3. It's summer, and if this rain ever stops, I will be able to go outside.

4. I will be able to catch up on my sleep deficit from the past nine months. The over/under for getting rid of the bags under my eyes is four days.

5. Tillie gets her gross drainage tubes out today, so she will be able to frolic again.

6. A student of mine from two years ago graduated this week. This girl had a heart transplant in middle school, and things looked so bleak that the Make-A-Wish Foundation contacted her about her wish. She wished for a pizza party for the kids at her middle school who had been so supportive. That's the kind of heart (pardon the pun) this girl has. When I saw her casemanager this spring, she had said that things were going kind of rough earlier this year. She pulled it off, though, and is going to Augsburg this fall.

I guess I can't top that last one. It's summer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home