Thursday, April 15, 2004

Gone Fishin'

I woke up at 2:00 this morning and was in excruciating pain. We got to the ER around 3:00, and that's when my day began.

If you have an emergency, have it at 3:00 on a Thursday morning. Nobody was waiting, and I got right in. They gave me a couple of shots which made me feel better, then ran me through the CT scan. The stone hadn't moved since Monday, so the doctor said it would be coming out today. They admitted me into the hospital, and that's when things started going really fast.

The nurse said that the urologist would probably be able to see me sometime in the afternoon, and I might be able to come home sometime this afternoon.

The urologist actually saw me after around 7:00 this morning (I think... I was on a morphine pump, and I didn't really care!), and I was done with the surgery (we're going into the ureter with a camera and basket and 'going fishing!') around 9:00 in the morning. The kidney pain was completely gone.

I took up some bed space for about five hours (they had me on the cardiac floor, so they probably didn't mind having someone around they didn't have to watch like a hawk) and was able to go home around 2:00.

I can recover Friday and this weekend, and back to work on Monday! (goody.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home