Sunday, February 01, 2004

Are you kidding me? It looks like we're having an old-fashioned winter up here in Minnesota. Last Monday, we got like 5 inches of snow. Then, the bottom fell out, with a low of 24 below on Thursday. Now, that we have climbed back into the positive digits (nine above right now), we had three inches of snow overnight, with five inches Monday and six more on Tuesday? At least, that's what the National Weather Service says. Remember this in July when you're complaining about 90 degrees and a dewpoint in the 70s!

The thing about this? I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

...And another thing. I was at Target yesterday, and all the winter stuff (sidewalk salt, snow shovels, etc.) was on clearance! I don't mind seeing the patio stuff out (it's better than seeing school supplies in July), but there are still two hard-core months left of winter. I guess the marketing people never go outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home